I was invited to the University of North Carolina in Asheville to do a speaking engagement during welcome week and introduce their students to our movement of spreading sober parties across the nation. The speaking series I was booked for was called Next Gen and features young professionals who are making a difference in the world. They were very interested in me sharing how I started a business during college and made it into what it is today.
Let me first say, this was one of the most beautiful places I’ve been. UNC Asheville is nestled right in the Blue Ridge Mountains and the weather seemed to be tailored just for me! Warm with a little breeze please 🙂
The staff there was absolutely amazing and made me feel right at home. I spent my down time working in their office and getting to know the team that ran Highsmith Student Union.
The speaking engagement was awesome and students in the audience got excited about throwing sober house parties at UNC Asheville. I had lunch with some students from their Collegiate Recovery Club and Peer Educators group as well. It was so much fun! I can’t wait to see what they do with our platform.
During the speech I emphasized that:
- College is THE time to act on your ideas, have new experiences and go for your dreams. There are hundreds of staff and faculty there to support you.
- You have the opportunity to give acceptance to others by becoming a leader instead of thinking like a follower.
- Don’t fit in… stand out. Standing out gives you a leg-up in every area of your life; professional, social, mental, etc.
- How I stood out to create a movement in college that’s spreading across the nation.
- Students around the country are partying sober, why not you?
Below are a few video testimonials as well…
I think we may have found a “hype girl” for Party.0!